OpenClonk 3.0 released!
The next stable version was released today. It contains not all of the possible buildings and features that we aim for, but the current state of the project. And while some things might still not be very polished, everything should be playable.
The release contains the first few buildings and production lines, which should let you form an opinion about the direction OpenClonk is heading.
The reason for the release was very simple: The last version that had new content is more than one and a half years old and has so many missing features and bugs that you’d always suggest testing the development version to a player.
Oh, and of course to motivate you to participate in the project in any way you want and can.
There have been so many changes since the last release that listing all of them here would be both boring to read and too much work, so here is a short overview:
- new controls (see blog post) [note that the gamepad controls are currently NOT working]
- changed the ingame HUD
- buildings and items related to them were added
- some production lines and energy support were added, also see this blog post
- some more cooperative scenarios were added
- and of course bug fixes and much more